Friday, September 22, 2006

[NaNoWriMo] 40 Days & Counting

From The Desk of Liz Ensley:


The turning point in the whole cycle of growing is the emergence of a focus or a theme. It is also the most mysterious and difficult kind of cognitive event to analyze. It is the moment when what was chaos is now seen as having a center of gravity. There is a shape where a moment ago there was none.
- Peter Elbow, Writing Without Teachers


I spent a bit of time today, looking at Googled pictures of staircases. I have a very clear image in my head of what I want (it features in the series, and is primary in the second trilogy), but I wanted a clearer image of it in my head. I have a bit of that now, but there's nothing that matches the image of the staircase I had in mind. I'll check a few more, there might be something in D.C., but if I can't find anything else, then I'll go with a split staircase. Hm, come to think of it, that might work far better than what I had originally planned for it (several important scenes in the second trilogy transpire on it, too, possibly even a climactic battle, but we'll see, because I don't think the family wants blood-stained runners, lol).


If we have forefathers, then we should have foremothers too; but the spellchecker doesn't recognize it. *scurries off to dictionary.com* Ha! There it is! Take that, evil spellchecker!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home