Thursday, September 11, 2008

AAUGH! Editing!

National Novel Writing Month site.
Weekend Novelists Forum Index

The Free Dictionary.com

From The Desk of Liz Ensley:


Yes, random link inserted.


I really, really wish I could print this out. Unfortunately, I cannot. I did a cut-and-paste for a later paragraph and moved it towards the beginning because it makes more sense, sice I added the elemet of the nightmare, and what Dragan fears.

Sometimes, editing seems to take a lot out of you, at least until you hit your stride. You think, Aaugh! What does this button do? Would that action fit better with this button? That's taking emotion as motivation and using it as a trigger, or button. I cannot help but think of Deedee in Dexter's Laboratory, singing "What does this button do?" Sometimes, these actions have catastrophic consequences, or at least Deedee's button-pushing does *she is OC, ie, obsessive-compulsive, about pushing buttins, you see). Now, at least we can hope that pushing this particular emotive/motivative button for Dragan has the consequence only for him, and not for the novel. :)

The edit has not yet hit its stride. Hopefully, I'll hit my right button soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home