Saturday, November 11, 2006

National Novel Writing Month, Day 11

From The Desk of Liz Ensley:



I rejected two spam commnts about making money. I mean, if you're going to spam me, Anonymice (hey, it sounds funnier for a plural than anonymouses or anonymii--and I almost called them anonymeeses [remember the odl Tom and Jerry cartoon?], lol). I know some folks like spam, . eggs, bacon, and spam in the morning, but it's a bit too early in the morning for me. I'm more an oatmeal-and=toast or Raisin Bran-type of person.

I'm a bit behind, but at least I made 5001 words total last night. This is cumulative and not all at once, though at one point in my life I could have written like tht in one sitting, no problem. Part of it is that I really need new glasses. It seems that an outdated prescription isn't conducive to typing all your ideas down. I don't want to tpe with my eyes closed because sometimes I have a tendency to use the wrong keys for home, lol. I would at lwast like to be able to read, rather than have to decrypt, what I have written, when NaNoEdMo rolls around.

EDIT:
I keep checking the National Novel Editing Month site. I wonder if it will be running again, or if it's out for good. If it stays closed, maybe a few of us could wait for March anyway, and encourage each other to edit. The last time I participated in NaNoEdMo, back in 2005, I think the goal was a cumulative 50 hours worth of editing, minimum, on the system of trust. Since March has 31 dats, we could get in 62 hours of editing, at two hours per day.

2 Comments:

Blogger bella said...

Spam, eggs, bacon and spam!? Love it!

I'm still working toward 2000 total words... they just aren't coming this year. But, I keep trying!

Keep up the good work, and good luck with the prescription... I know how much a bad pair of glasses can not help out!

bella

6:21 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Yay! A real, honest-to-goodness and not spammerific comment! Thank you!

The strangest thing is having the idea, but working out the particulars. I have the major parts (most of them) in my head. Good luck to you, too!

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home