Monday, October 25, 2010

NaNoWriMo: Seven Days And Counting

National Novel Writing Month site.
The Weekend Novelist
The Free Dictionary.com

From The Desk of Liz Ensley:


The flat is shaping up. I have frozen food, and enough coffee (albeit decaffeinated, but I mixed a spoon of instant so it has some caffeine. My sister sent it out :p I can get some real coffee to supplement it!) and tea to last me through most, if not all, of November. The major thing coming up that may disrupt my writing schedule is Thanksgiving. And yes, I've budgeted in World of Warcrack, too, and reading time. The biggest thing to catch up with is the cleaning, and I'm almost there, I think.

I've also just about figured out the plot. I'm rewriting last year's NaNoWriMo. I think I have a better idea of the story I'm trying to tell, this year. I know who the characters are (same ones from last year) and the same essential situation, even if it's going to be a different story. I still have the old story, and I can refer to that after November, when I start getting into revisions, to make sure I have everything in the story that I want, this time.

Yes, I'm actually starting NaNoWriMo with a plan. I don't know how fr that plan will carry, or how many transmutations the story will endure, but it is story. We have story.

We have story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home