Sunday, October 08, 2006

[NaNoWriMo] 24 Days & Counting

From The Desk of Liz Ensley:



The only obligation to which in advance we may hold a novel, without incurring the accusation of being arbitrary, is that it be interesting.
- Henry James (1843 - 1916)

          I have an outline done (Actually, about six rough outlines done, for major and minor plots), which I am in the middle of arranging by writing each point on an index card, for re-ordering, before I commit it to the story. I have not done much on the pre-NaNo, these past few days, because I'm in the middle of that, but it will be worth the effort: telling the story that's in my head, and in a coherent fashion, is well worth the effort of organizing the story's elements.
          Have you ever had the feeling, when writing, that you're a chronicler who's trying to organize the events to tell folks what-all happened to these other people who went through some stuff, and persevered despite it? I've been at that level ,with this particualr story, for a long time: and I'm ready, at long last, to make sense of it all. ;-) Even if a lot of the elements in this book--in this series--are based off earleir events, ones tht occurred before this story begins, that particular series will have to wait until I'm done with this one, because the stories are not related to each other. That is all right: it gives me plenty of material to write, in the future, along with TLGM (when I get back to it).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home